Friday, November 11, 2011

Illustrated by Salvador Dali: Essays of Michel de Montaigne--sealed, mint.

I recently stumbled upon this rare item. 

It's not just any copy of Montaigne; it's a mint condition copy still sealed with the Literary Guild card inside.  I have never seen one of these books still sealed like this--a rarity indeed!

Like a collectible toy in its original unopened package, this book should be worth a premium to a collector.  I snatched this up for fewer than $20, but I am certain it is worth more than $75 to the right person.

BTW, I don't plan to open it, so for now this mint copy will be preserved in its original condition.


Here, for the first time ever, are all 16 of the full-page, color illustrations from this fine book, followed by a number of the black-and-white illustrations.
















No comments: