Friday, November 11, 2011

Illustrated by Salvador Dali: Essays of Michel de Montaigne--sealed, mint.

I recently stumbled upon this rare item. 

It's not just any copy of Montaigne; it's a mint condition copy still sealed with the Literary Guild card inside.  I have never seen one of these books still sealed like this--a rarity indeed!

Like a collectible toy in its original unopened package, this book should be worth a premium to a collector.  I snatched this up for fewer than $20, but I am certain it is worth more than $75 to the right person.

BTW, I don't plan to open it, so for now this mint copy will be preserved in its original condition.


Here, for the first time ever, are all 16 of the full-page, color illustrations from this fine book, followed by a number of the black-and-white illustrations.
















1 comment:

G Davis said...

Greetings. I have two copies of the Literary Guild version of the book, Essays of Montaigne, which are identical on the inside. However, the color green on the binding is different. One is a true green and the other is a blue green. Do you know what is going on with these issues?